Home improvement companies often publish catalogs that feature the company's products, as well as helpful articles and tips on how to renovate, improve and decorate. Many of these periodicals have amazing photographs of stunning showcase homes. You can also find before and after photographs of other reader's home improvement projects that can give you great ideas of how to take on a project of your own.
Some catalogs require a paid subscription, however, you can find free ones as well. The company website is often a good place to find information on how to subscribe or order upcoming or past issues.
Tools & Equipment
- At Rockler Woodworking and Home Improvement, you'll find everything you need from tools to hardware. Catalogs are free and can be ordered through the website.
- McMaster-Carr is a home improvement superstore; if you can't find it here, odds are it doesn't exist. You'll find everything from plumbing to electrical equipment, cabinet hardware and more. Contact a salesperson for placement on the mailing list.
Kitchen and Bathroom Fixtures
- Clawfoot Supply for Kitchen and Bath offers deep vintage-looking tubs, pedestal sinks and the hardware to go along with them. Visit their catalog page to order their general catalog or one of their specialty home improvement samples including tile and granite, sample acrylics and tubs and brass finish samples. Keep in mind that while the general catalog is free, the samples are not.
- Urban Archeology is an upscale chain featuring bath and tile, salvaged architectural elements and period hardware. The prices aren't for the faint of heart, but if high-end is your thing, you'll find it here.
- Home Restoration Hardware is another great company with beautifully illustrated restoration catalogs that can help inspire your restoration projects.
More Home Improvement Catalogs
Other websites you can visit to find order forms for a variety of home improvement topics include:
Digital catalogs may be the next milestone for home goods based news and information. With companies on board such as Wal-Mart, Target, Crate and Barrel and JC Penny Home, eCatalogs are useful tools for both consumers and advertisers. Begin your search here from the comfort of your home.