You don't have to sacrifice quality when buying the lowest priced bathroom accessories, you just have to know where to look.
Where to Find Lowest Priced Bathroom Accessories
Bathroom accessories such as light switch plate covers, towel bars and toilet tissue holders are easy to find at relatively low prices at your local home improvement store. Unfortunately, most of the designs in the lower price range can be a bit boring. If you are searching for inexpensive bathroom accessories with a little personality and pizzazz, look beyond your local Home Depot or Menards.
- Amazon.com - Find bath accessories from Bombay, Moen and Ultra Hardware. Some items are offered both new and used.
- True Value bath accessories - Browse through True Value Ace Hardware Stores low priced bathroom accessories. For example, the store offers a chrome robe and towel hook for just $2.99.
- Ebay. You can't talk about lowest priced anything without mentioning Ebay. Ebay has a wide variety of low-priced bathroom accessories for adult, young children and teenager's bathrooms.
Considerations for Lowest Priced Bathroom Accessories
Beyond the goal of saving a few dollars, you will want to keep a few things in mind while deciding which low-priced bathroom accessories you would like to purchase.
- Durability - If you are purchasing an item that will be used frequently, like a toilet tissue holder or wall mounted toothbrush holder, consider spending an extra buck or two. This will help to ensure that the item won't fall apart after a short period of regular use.
- Appearance - While your goal is to find the least expensive bathroom accessories, you don't want them to look cheap and poorly made.
- Consider visiting your local salvage yard - You can find really interesting modern and vintage bathroom accessories for low prices at your local salvage yard.
- Don't buy on impulse - So you see an item that is perfectly price and you just have to have it but you aren't quite sure if it will fit into your bathroom design. Should you buy it? No. Choose your bathroom accessories based on your bathroom cabinets and other design features, and not the other way around.
Most inexpensive bath accessories are really simple in design. If you know that you want to save money by using inexpensive bath accessories are at a loss as to the design style in which they can be used, here are a few ideas:
- Beach themed bathroom - Beaches have three basic elements: sand, sun and water. Simple chrome designs for towel bars and soap dishes are perfect accompaniments to a beach-themed design.
- Minimalist themed bathroom - Minimalist themes have clean and simple lines and a bare minimum of accessories. You will find that there are number of plain and simple bathroom accessories at low prices.
- Sleek bathroom design - The simple colors and bright chrome fixtures of this bathroom theme make the simplistic design of low priced bathroom accessories a perfect fit.
Additional Search Tips
Here are a few final ideas for where to search for inexpensive bathroom accessories.
- Discount retail stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Target. You can find a wide variety of bathroom accessories at low prices at discount retail stores.
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore - All materials at these stores are donated and in good working order. Plus, all the proceeds go to build Habitat for Humanity homes. New items are often added daily, so check back often.
- Your local thrift store - Find shelves, tissue box covers and other interesting knick-knacks at your local thrift store. Just like the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, sale proceeds go to a worthy cause.
- Garage and estate sales - You will find the lowest priced accessories at garage and estate sales. Test your haggling skills to barter for an even lower price when you find that one of a kind, must-have item.